Monday, November 24, 2008

The Secret of Life

My Dear Barack,

I think you’re ready.

No, I’m not talking about assuming the presidency; I’m talking about something even bigger!

You’ve shown that you have the mettle to survive a pointless two-year presidential campaign in which nothing of importance was debated. I’m now ready to impart to you something I should have imparted to your predecessor but didn’t, which explains why the world and the country are as screwed up as they are.

I am speaking of nothing less than the key to understanding the universe and the secret of life. In short, I am going to give you a formula that explains everything.

And, here it is:

7 x 7 = 51

That’s it in a nutshell, Barack. That is why we are plagued with war, famine, pestilence, plagues and McDonald Chicken Nuggets®. That is why the four horsemen of the Apocalypse are constantly tearing up our front yards.

Everything is off by 2.

(Let me go on record as saying that I thought of this first! Tragically, an author by the name of Douglas Adams stole the secret whilst I was stoned and used a variation of it in his book, A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe, or maybe he used the whole thing, or part of it, or who really gives a fuck? But, that’s the story of my life. Every time I uncover the secret of the universe, I’m too stoned to remember it and some son of a bitch steals it from me.)

So please, please, please classify this formula as top secret and only share it with your inner circle. What it explains is that no matter what you do, it will end up poorly because it’s off by 2, and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.

Now, you’ll know why.

Your admirer,
Belacqua Jones

6 comments:

Dr. Omed said...

I like this one. Works for me.

Case Wagenvoord said...

It sure explains a great deal.

Anonymous said...

Don`t Panic!Remember your towel, no matter how stoned you get...don`t worry,wrong is right,right is wrong..WTF

Case Wagenvoord said...

...or is wrong the right wrong or right the wrong right or vice versa, or none of the above...

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

(Let me go on record as saying that I thought of this first! Tragically, an author by the name of Douglas Adams stole the secret whilst I was stoned and used a variation of it in his book, A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe, or maybe he used the whole thing, or part of it, or who really gives a fuck? But, that’s the story of my life. Every time I uncover the secret of the universe, I’m too stoned to remember it and some son of a bitch steals it from me.)

Goddamn I missed you, Belacqua!

Case Wagenvoord said...

Missed you, as well. Welcome back.